Bean's World

Sunday, September 23, 2007

You Gotta Start Somewhere

So it turns out that when your primary mode of transportation is no longer on foot, your skinny jeans, that you easily and fabulously slid into while living in Boston, no longer fit. They have now returned to the status of my "I can get into these with a whole lot of hip wiggling and shimmying" jeans. And even when I finally get them on, there will be no eating or sitting down in them. :( Super sad.

So this past week, I have been trying to eat a little better and working on ramping up to some sort of an exercise routine. So far I've just been taking 45-50 minute walks around the neighborhood. The weather was so nice last week, I really didn't have any excuse not to. Plus, it gives me something to do and gets me out of the apartment, where the boxes of death have been continuing to taunt me.

Now that I only have one more week of unemployment left, I'm hoping that I will feel a little more motivated to get some things done around here. As the Queen of Procrastination that I am, part of the reason why we are still not totally unpacked is because I know that I can do it tomorrow since I know I don't have to go to work. But realizing that life will be a little busier once I resume working again, has definitely made me eye those boxes with a little more determination.

Goals for the week:
  • Exercise for at least 45 minutes at least 4 times. Maybe I'll even progress from walking to jogging a little! (Could I be any lamer?)
  • Figure out exactly what I want to unpack and what I don't. Then put the shit away, somewhere, anywhere, where I don't have to look at it anymore!
  • Study a little, in preparation to get my mind back into nursing mode!
I'll let you know how it goes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home