Bean's World

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Counting Down the Days

Despite the fact that there is nothing very exciting happening around this town, I've managed to keep quite busy. I guess I figure the busier I am, the faster it will be over with. While my favie has been working somewhere around 70 hours a week, I have continued to work my regular 36-40 hours a week on night shift. Needless to say, our schedules have not been matching up very easily.

I've been doing my best to stay on top of the household duties of cleaning, doing laundry, and grocery shopping during my days off. I've also been trying to prepare meals at the beginning of the week so that we can have leftovers to eat off of during the rest of the week. This has worked out pretty well for the most part, preventing us from eating fast food all the time. I had really gotten spoiled by Dave cooking a couple of times a week for us, and since he has been so busy and tired from working, that has not been happening.

At this point, I think we are both pretty much "over" this place, this town, and the crazy working hours that EMF has sucked away from my man. So what do I do when I am bored, tired of doing chores, and lonely? Shop! Last Tuesday I went on a shopping spree at Target, Macy's, and Old Navy. We both really needed some new clothes (especially since half of our wardrobes are still packed away in boxes in the storage unit right now.)

So for David I bought 3 pairs of pants and 4 shirts, and for myself I bought a skirt, 6 tank tops, a purse, a wallet, an umbrella, and 2 necklaces. All in all, I spent $299.17, which I felt was pretty good for what all I bought. So now that we have all these great new clothes, all we have to do is find time to actually wear them around each other.

Only 11 more days (and this one is about over)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home