Bean's World

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Table For One

After working Thursday through Saturday, today was the first day of my weekend. I came home from work this morning, changed into a T-shirt to sleep in, and literally passed out, before even taking out my contacts or brushing my teeth. I finally woke up this afternoon around 5pm, a little confused and with a serious need for hygiene.

By the time I finished showering and brushing my teeth, I was starting to get seriously hungry, especially since I had passed out before eating anything. I knew that my favie was not going to be home until late because of his run-out gig, so I would be on my own for dinner. We had next to nothing edible in the refrigerator. So for dinner my choices were: 1) fast food, 2) go to the grocery store and then cook something, or 3) go to a restaurant by myself.

After eating sandwiches and frozen dinners the past couple of nights while I was working, I really wanted a decent meal, but I really didn't feel like going to the trouble of grocery shopping first. Therefore, I was left with option #3. Dining alone is not necessarily my favorite thing to do, but I've figured out a few things that make it a little less awkward.

I ended up going to a to a laidback brewery and steakhouse called Liberty, because I knew they had good salads and good beer (two of my favorite things). It was a nice evening: not too hot or humid, so I also went there because they had a nice patio that I wanted to take advantage of. I sat outside at a small table with a local newspaper to read. Whenever I have gone out to a restaurant by myself before, I have found that the most helpful thing to have to entertain me is one of those free, local newspapers. That way, I can browse through it without having to be too involved in reading, and also be able to people watch and talk to the waiter or anyone else that might want to strike up a conversation with me.

I took my time with dinner, enjoying the nice evening and the opportunity for relaxation. Although I still felt a little silly, sitting and eating by myself, I was glad that I got out of the apartment and treated myself to a nice dinner. I figured I deserved it for my hard work of the week. (And plus, I'm pretty sure I'm starting to get a little stir crazy from sitting in that apartment by myself when my man has lately been having to work so much.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home