Bean's World

Thursday, August 02, 2007

What in the Heck Have I Been Doing?

Hmmm... that's a good question.

And the answer is: Nothing very exciting. Well, that's a little bit of a lie.

I did have one bright spot in the month of July. The weekend after my last post, I attended the annual Girls' Weekend trip that I have been to just about every year since I graduated college. This event is planned one weekend every summer by a friend of mine that I have known since my MCG days. She is adament about having a weekend every year where all of her girlfriends get together for girl talk, drink lots of alcohol, eat junk food, and just act silly (i.e. we have been known to set off fireworks, run around naked in the snow, play truth or dare, etc.) Although I don't talk to a lot of the girls who attend Girls' Weekend on a very regular basis, they are a great bunch to hang out with, and I always end up having a great time. This year we did end up having a little bit of drama since two of the girls had it out in an all-out screaming match. But hey, I suppose it was bound to happen one of these years. What can you expect when eleven girls spend 10 hours straight of drinking wine and beer together in one little cabin? I'm sure we'll all laugh our asses off about it next year!

After that weekend, I came home already exhausted and had to go straight into a three day stretch of shifts. After working, I spent the end of last week doing my chores and continuing to count down the days until EMF was over so that I could have my boyfriend back again. Although the last day of the festival was Saturday, he's had to play clean-up until this past Tuesday. So finally, yesterday was his first complete day off in the last six weeks! I don't know how he did it, but I sure am proud of him. Way to go babe!! (Without a doubt, EMF being over is definitely the other bright spot of July!)

Now all of a sudden it is August 2, and by the end of this month, we will hopefully have gone to the beach for a vacation (THANK GOD!), packed up, and be moved back home. I am sooo looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home