Bean's World

Friday, March 07, 2008

I Blame it on the Hops

Last night I met some friends at Muss and Turner's to taste some beers I've never tasted before and to learn all about hops. I'm not sure I retained much of the educational material by the end of it all, but at least I expanded my hoppy beer palate. I enjoyed the presenter, as well as his presentation, and discovered that I might like hoppy beer more than I thought. In the past, most IPA's I have tasted have caused me to immediately scrunch up my mouth and nose and stick my tongue out in response to the bitterness, but I must say I was impressed to find a few that I thoroughly enjoyed last night. To top it all off, the company we were in was even better than the beers we were sampling. It was a much needed reunion with friends that really cheered me up and helped me forget about all of our house worries for a moment.

We ended up staying later than we should have, because we were having such a good time, and we just wanted to have one more beer. I'm not entirely sure what time we actually left, but it was much later than a person having to get up at 5am to work the next day should have been out. I remember passing out in the car, and then stumbling around once we got home, trying to get my clothes ready for the morning. Next thing I know, I'm laying in bed telling my favie that I really don't feel good. About 5 seconds later, I'm vomiting in a trashcan that he had pulled over to the side of the bed, just in the nick of time. I then proceeded to barf my guts out, until there was nothing left inside, and passed out in the bed. Ugh.

Somewhere in the midst of all that, I at least had the sense to tell my favie to call in to work for me, seeing as how I was in no shape to have people's lives in my hands early the next morning. I woke up at 7:30 am with the worst hangover that I can remember. Now, around 14 hours later, I am just starting to feel human again. And I must admit I'm feeling a little embarrassed about my shenanigans last night. I am usually a much more responsible person than that. Oh well, I guess everyone has their moments. All I know is, I think I will just stick with the Rock Green Light for now.


P.S. A word to the wise: If you take Pepto Bismol immediately before vomiting, a chemical reaction between the active ingredient, bismuth, and sulfites, which are in your intestinal tract, will turn your tongue black. Yes, black as the night. I thought I might be dying from a horrible disease when I woke up with a black tongue this morning, but the powers of google solved the mystery for me. Here are some links for more info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home