Bean's World

Sunday, January 27, 2008

News Flash!

I must interrupt this regularly scheduled program because I am bursting with news! The evil, unrelenting internet has been summoning me to blog about this, so I guess I'm just going to have to give in.....

We found a house that we love and we put an offer in on it yesterday! Woohoo!

I have been afraid to blog about it so far because I was worried that the whole thing might be jinxed. But then I thought that maybe if I told the world and asked everybody who reads this to think good thoughts/pray/talk to Xenu/will it to happen, then maybe our offer would be accepted.

I am nervous beyond belief. On the one hand, I'm worried that they won't accept our offer because there are two other offers on the table. (However, our realtor is pretty sure that ours will be the best offer because she thinks that the other two are probably from investors that are just trying to see if the seller is desperate enough to accept a lowball offer.) On the other hand, I'm nervous because if they do accept our offer, then I'll be like "Oh shit, we own this thing." Plus, it will need a ton of work before we could move in, because it's a foreclosure. And we don't know shit about shit when it comes to remodeling. So yeah, that's a little scary. I'll admit I was shaking as I was driving home yesterday.

All I know is that we've probably looked at around thirty houses so far, and this one has been the closest thing we've found to what we're looking for. I just really, really, really hope they accept our offer. So please, if you're reading this, hope/pray/talk to Xenu/wish upon a star/think good thoughts for us, and maybe, just maybe, we'll finally become proud owners of our very first home. I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed and wearing my lucky rabbit's foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home