Bean's World

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Just a Dusting

I am here to announce that we have officially survived our first snow in Boston! I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of hoping for something a little more dramatic, but I'm sure there's more to come. I worked Sunday night, and when I came out of the building Monday morning, it was "snowing." It was really kind of half-assed though, because it was probably right around 32 or 33 degrees, so it was half-snow, half-rain, mostly melty slush.

One thing is for sure, scrub pants are entirely too thin to be braving that kind of weather in. It might not be so bad, except for the fact that umbrellas are useless in this town due to the constantly blowing wind. So cold + wet + wind + thin scrub pants = loss of feeling to Bean's legs. But hey, I guess it's not so bad after I can't feel them anymore. On another note, my ski jacket is turning out to be one of the best investments I have ever made.

I'm not really sure how long it snowed, but probably only for a couple of hours. There was maybe one inch of accumulation on the ground, but most of it melted right away. It was coming down pretty hard though for a while there. But by the time Dave left for work, he said it had pretty much quit. Oh well, I guess it's not time for snowmen yet. Anyway, here are some pictures I took right when I got home, for your viewing enjoyment:


If nothing else, I think this weather was a good test run. Now I know to expect delays on the train I take to and from work. I guess all the people that might just normally walk, decided they would crunch everyone else in on the train. In doing so, the commute home took almost twice as long. I think partly because of a higher volume of people, and partly because there is a new system for payment of your fare, involving the swiping of your T pass when you get on. Apparently, this was proving to be entirely too complex of a system for some people.

Despite the slush, the freezing my ass off, and the train delays, I will admit that walking through the snow gave me this fun, giddy feeling. Maybe I felt a little bit like a kid again, getting all excited that we might have one little inch of snow in Atlanta. Or maybe the snow reminded me of the three months I spent in Denver. I think more than anything, it reminded me of one of the most looked forward to times of the year for me: ski season!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home