Bean's World

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Party on Dudes!

So I guess I wasn't kidding when I was talking about living it up. These travel nurses really know how to party. It's kind of hard not to though. I think it just comes with the territory. We work night shift so it's easy to stay up all night. We only work three days a week, so we have four other nights a week to get into trouble. And every other travel nurse I have met lives in the same apartment complex. It reminds of my days as a college student living in Myers Hall.

For example, on Thursday night we were just hanging around the apartment, minding our own business, when all of a sudden my flamingly hilarious life of the party travel nurse friend stops by. He was on the way out to meet up with some people, and invited us to join them. Since we could throw a rock to the bar he was going to, and he's in general just a fun guy to hang out with, we couldn't really say no. By the end of the night I had lost count of the number of jack and coke's I had drinken, and I don't remember going to bed. But I paid for it dearly on Friday, when I woke up dehydrated and wondering if someone had spiked my drinks with Colon Blow.

So then Friday afternoon, just when I had woken up from a glorious couch nap, finally feeling somewhat recovered from the previous night, I received a call that ended in making plans for dinner and another night of drinking. We ended up at this really cool lounge, and we had a great time hanging out with a really fun group of people. However, $150 later, not including the cab ride, I once again don't really remember going to bed, but it was probably sometime around 3AM.

My Saturday has turned out much like my Friday did. When I woke up, I went straight to the couch, and haven't moved much since then. And just a little while ago, I received another phone call with an invite to go out again tonight. Don't get me wrong, I've been having an awesome time the past couple of nights, but sometimes you just need to stay in. It's Saturday though, and who wants to stay in on a Saturday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home