Bean's World

Thursday, June 07, 2007

No Sleep for the Weary

I can't believe it is already Thursday! See, this is what night shift does to you. I "lose" days all the time because I am always trying to catch up on sleeping. Next thing I know, it's already the end of the week... sheesh!

I tried to get some rest last night, but I just ended up tossing and turning most of the night. But now I am awake and I'm supposed to be asleep because I have to work again tonight. I wonder if I will ever win.

There has been a lot on my mind lately. There are just a lot of questions that I wish I had the answers to. I tend to be a bit of a worrier sometimes, especially when there are so many unknowns. We know we are planning to move back to Atlanta at the end of the summer, but that's about all we know. Here's just a sample of my stream of consciousness: Where will I find a job? Will I be able to find something on day shift? If I get a day shift job, will I be able to keep up with the pace and still do a good job? Where will we live? What is his job going to be? Are we ever going to buy a house? Will we be able to find a house that we are happy with and that we can afford? I want my stuff back! I miss my couches! How much longer are we going to have to leave our stuff in storage? And I miss our friends! Are our friends going to remember to call us and invite us to stuff when we get back, now that we have been gone so long? When am I going to be able to go back to school? What kind of master's program do I want to do? How will I pay for it? And on, and on, and on...

I know I won't be able to get an answer to these questions until it is time to make the move. It's just been hard because I know it's coming, and I want to plan for it, but there's not a whole lot I can do from here. It feels like someone has just hit the "pause" button on my life, and I'm just waiting until someone finally hits the "play" button again. It's really kind of agonizing. Maybe I just need to hit the "stop worrying" button. Does anyone have a remote with that one on it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home