Bean's World

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm Ready for Next Week


The last week has been kind of crappy. Partly because I've been fighting off the plague. I guess either I finally caught it from Dave, or maybe it was just my turn to be sick. I hardly ever get sick, so when I do it's usually pretty bad. Either way, it's always a good reminder of what my patients must feel like. The worst thing about it is that I don't really get sick days off from work. I can call out sick, but then I don't get paid. Also, if I don't make up hours that I miss when I call out, my housing subsidy gets deducted from. So I've basically just been going to work sick all week and then coming home feeling worse. Needless to say, I haven't had a whole lot of energy to get much of anything done.


Besides being sick, I think night shift in general is really starting to take a toll on me. I constantly feel tired and unmotivated to do much of anything. I'm hoping that once I get over being sick, I can start exercising at least a couple of days a week. Now that I'm not walking everywhere as my mode of transportation, I know I need to make an effort to exercise. Plus, I think that will boost my energy some too. I'm also hoping that I can try to find a day shift contract for my next assignment.


There has also been some drama going on in my family life. I don't think I'll go into the details of it right now, but it has been on my mind quite a bit. So much so that I haven't been sleeping very well or able to concentrate much at work. Things are not so great right now, but I fear that they might get even worse. This situation has been coming for a long time, and I figured it was just a matter of time before things came to a head. Once we get through it, I think things will be a lot better, but right now it's just really hard.


It's back to work again for me tonight and Friday. Hopefully, we can find something fun to do this weekend. At least the weather is supposed to be nice, so maybe I can make my debut of relaxation and tanning at the pool, and try to forget about all the drama.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home