Bean's World

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Self-Evaluation

  • I'm proud to announce that I have not been beaten by the boxes of death. I finally made myself buckle down this week and finished unpacking every single one of them! Hiiiiyah! Take that! (Actually, what I meant was, I unpacked every single one that needed unpacking. The rest are neatly stacked in the guest bedroom closet. Bottom line: they are put away, and I don't have to look at them anymore. And that makes me very, very happy!)
  • I still have a few more pictures to hang up, but at least all the major ones are up. I literally spent hours pacing about the apartment, trying to figure out where to hang stuff up. Sometimes I think I might over-think things a tad much. (Of course, it might have been the too much free time thing too.)
  • The guest bedroom is now open and ready for visitors/people who are too drunk to drive home after partying it up with us. We'll have to have a get together soon!
  • I actually did meet my exercising goal for the week, including the running a little bit part. It turns out that I am even more horribly out of shape than I ever imagined, and my body did not hesitate to let me know that. On Monday, I ran maybe a mile, and I could not squat or bend down without groaning until Wednesday.
  • Today I went to Emory Hospital to scope out: 1) how long it takes to get there, 2) where to park, 3) where to meet for orientation, and most importantly, 4) where all the hot residents hang out. I am now ready to start my new job tomorrow!
  • I am definitely having my share of the usual "new job jitters," but for some reason, I'm just not as nervous as I used to be when starting a new position. The first couple of days are always easy, because all I will have to do is learn about policy and procedure type stuff. (Boring, but easy.) The real test will be when I actually start working on the unit, either at the end of this week, or the beginning of next week. I haven't studied yet, but I do plan to review a few things, before I start taking care of patients again.
  • And the best part is..... I don't have to be there until 11am tomorrow! I guess they are starting us off easy this time around.
  • Yay, I actually have something productive to do tomorrow! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home