Bean's World

Thursday, May 15, 2008

And No Vacation in Sight Yet

Today I started out my day by stepping in a pile of cat puke with a bare foot. Startled by the warm squishiness that was suddenly seeping in between my toes, I squealed rather loudly, as my hands flew up, spilling my coffee all over the floor, and almost tossing my bagel across the room. I then cringed, hoping my Favie hadn't heard me, and wouldn't run into the room to see what was going on. But of course, being the sweet, concerned gentleman that he is, he interrupted an important work phone call to check on me. "Sorry, I just stepped in cat puke." He sighed and went back into the office.

This is going to be a long day, I thought.

I finally received somewhat of an answer today from the two week long string of phone calls that I have been exchanging with Mark the Mover. They are going to give me a refund on the 30 minutes of time that was wasted by the moving crew arguing about how to move our refrigerator into the house. OK, great. That will be enough money to cover the tip that I gave each of the guys. That is, the tip that I have been regretting giving to them ever since they had been gone no longer than five minutes, and I started surveying the damage that was incurred.

I said, "Well sir, that's great, but what are you going to do about the numerous scratches and dents all over my new hardwood floors and my brand new refrigerator, that I have to look at every time I walk in my kitchen?"

He replied by stating that he could either send someone out to the house to survey the damage, or I could send him some digital pictures over email. I opted for taking the pictures myself, thinking that there is just no telling how long it would take before someone would be able to come out to the house.

So now I have spent my afternoon trying to take some decent pictures of the damage, taking measurements of each scratch, and composing a professional-sounding email to this guy. Taking the pictures ended up proving to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be, because I forgot about the glare that happens when you try to take a picture of something that is already shiny (AKA stainless steel refrigerator and polyurethaned wood). Four hours later, and the finished product has been sent.

Boy am I going to be pissed if we don't get any more extra money back for this. Fockers.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, here is a display of some of my (and their) handywork:





(Each little white box contains the measurement of the scratch that is outlined by the black bracket--Just click on the picture to enlarge it. Yes, I know I'm OCD. Have you met me?)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home