Bean's World

Monday, January 29, 2007

Drinking + Cat Antics = Hilarious

As it turns out, we decided not to go out after all on Saturday night. However, that did not stop me from drinking too many Jack and ginger's and waking up feeling like crap again. You would think by the third night in a row, I would have learned my lesson. I'm not sure what has spawned this self-poisoning binge, but I'll blame it on night shift again. I mean, if I have to stay up all night, I guess I might as well be drunk right? I don't know. Perhaps I'm worried about the new unit I'm working on, and I'm just not realizing it. Everything went fine on my orientation though. No, I don't think that's it. It's just that Jack and ginger taste so good. And plus, if I had been sober, I never would have spent 3 hours on YouTube searching for and watching what seemed to be hilarious clips of pet antics. I stayed up till 5 AM laughing my ass off at clips like this one:





Somehow, it's just not as funny today. Sure, I got a few chuckles out of it, but there was no maniacal cackling like there was last night. I think the part that really set me off was when the cat jumped out of the bush, trying to pounce on this innocent, unsuspecting child. Perhaps I'm twisted, but that's just plain funny to me.

Anyway, despite my hangover when I woke up, I ended up having a wonderful (and sober) day. We decided to take a walk in the late afternoon/early evening and discovered a beautiful sunset over the frozen, snow-covered Charles River. I didn't even realize how close the river was to our apartment until today. (And I never really knew that rivers could freeze either!) Then we made our way over to the Boston Public Garden, where they had the cutest frozen pond that people were ice skating and walking on. We were a little scared to walk on it at first, but once we saw how many people were on it, with no signs of any ice cracking, we figured it would probably be OK. Everyone around us was so cute and happy, it was kind of like we were in a movie.

I love discovering cool new places that I know I will want to revisit another day. It just reminds me that even though being lazy is so easy to do, once you get out and about, you never know what joy you might find in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home