Bean's World

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Be Careful What you Wish For...

OK, so remember how I was wishing it would snow more? Well last night it did... but I still didn't really get what I was wishing for. What we got was like 2 or 3 inches of snow overnight, which then turned into slush/freezing rain/sleet by around noontime. And it has been extremely windy all day. Somehow that's just not exactly good sledding weather. Oh well, I have been quite amused all day, watching from the window, as people slide around on the sidewalk and fight with their umbrellas to keep them from turning inside out from the wind. I guess I do have an evil streak after all.

I did venture out for an afternoon jaunt to see how I would fair in this weather and to make an all-important trip to the liquor store and grocery store. It was actually kind of fun sloshing through the snow in my boots, and it was much warmer today than it was yesterday. One thing I didn't realize before, but I know now, is that the streets and sidewalks are quite uneven in places up here. This is a problem when there is melting snow and slush everywhere, as it tends to create humongous puddles. There was one unfortunate girl who I saw that had managed to get herself caught in the middle of a five feet wide, three feet long, mid-calf deep puddle, while she was talking to someone on her cell phone and wearing her stilletto heel leather boots. I thought about my random acts of kindness post briefly, but walked on, as I couldn't find any sympathy for someone dumb enough to wear stillettos in this weather.

The worst thing about today is that my man has been "snowed out." As in, he was supposed to be flying in this afternoon from Florida, but his flight was cancelled due to the weather. Poor Dave, he has to spend one more day in sunny 70 degree weather. I will admit I am disappointed, because he surprised me the other night by revealing that he had made dinner reservations for us, which I was not expecting at all. So we had to cancel our reservations tonight, and at this point, I'm not sure when he actually will be able to make it back here. But I'd definitely rather wait another day to see him than have his plane crash in the weather. Regardless, thanks to my afternoon stroll through the snow, I have plenty of food and alcohol to last me until tomorrow. Although I will be drinking alone tonight, I am still going to enjoy my evening. I am about to cook up something delicious for dinner, and I'm seeing a relaxing bath, some nail painting, and a funny movie in the works.

3 Comments:

  • Isn't this just disgusting snow? I want the fluffy snow angel snow!!! Hang in there and enjoy your girlie night.

    By Blogger Oob, At 2/14/07, 10:30 PM  

  • I know! Where are those fat fluffy flakes that just float through the air? (you like my alliteration?)

    By Blogger Bean, At 2/15/07, 4:31 AM  

  • love it. ;) Be glad you didn't have to deal with the car in this. UGH!

    By Blogger Oob, At 2/15/07, 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home