Bean's World

Monday, February 19, 2007

This Post is Probably a Waste of Your Time

I don't have much exciting news to report from this end of the world. But just to sum up the past couple of days... I worked Thursday and Friday nights, and had two more excellent nights at work. Dave made it home safely on Thursday night, but I didn't get much of a chance to catch up with him until Saturday after I woke up. Saturday night we had a great time hanging out with a friend of ours who is also a traveling nurse. It was her last night before leaving to go to New York to start a new contract. I was sad to see her go because even though we've only been hanging out for a short period of time, she was my favorite friend out of the people we've met up here. Hopefully we'll be able to visit her in New York soon. And last but not least, the snow and ice from last week are still on the ground because it has not inched above freezing yet.

So since my life is boring right now, I think I'll join in the gauking at Britney Spears. OK, Britney you win the award for the most retarded and messed up famous person. It's just another example of what can happen when your childhood is stolen from you when you get famous too early. (And what happens when people who start out as white trash get famous.) And now it's obvious that the only way she feels validated in her life is if she's on the cover of every magazine. She must be running out of ideas if she's now gone to something this drastic. At this point, the only thing she can do next is become a lesbian or adopt a child from Zambia. I pretty much just feel sorry for her at this point. I used to think she was pretty cool when she first came out, but now she just makes me wonder more and more what this world is coming to. Hopefully by now, younger girls have realized that if she ever was a role model, she definitely is no longer someone to look up to.

OK, that's all I got for now. Boooooring. I'll try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home