Bean's World

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Working Through the Muck

Anybody ever watch Shear Genius? It's actually pretty funny! I've gotten stuck on a marathon tonight as I've been trying to stay up late so I can sleep during the day. Tonight will be my first night shift at the new hospital I'm working at: High Point Regional Hospital.

Orientation went well last week. It consisted of the usual: a couple of days of sitting in a classroom, bored out of my mind, reading about and taking tests on the policies and procedures of the hospital. And then I had two days of clinical orientation, working on the unit with a preceptor. Well there's only so much you can learn about how a hospital runs in one week. I've pretty much just learned to pick up what I can during the "orientation" week, and then just run with it. By now, I've gone through this enough times that I'm just going to expect to be totally disoriented for the first week on my own, work through the muck, and then finally get a routine down.

I'll admit that I am a little nervous, but I always am at first. At least I feel comforted by the fact that everyone I've met so far has been incredibly nice and helpful, and that alone is one of the most important factors in success at a new place.

Anyway, wish me luck...I'm ready to dive in and get my hands on some fresh patients. Let the healing begin!

1 Comments:

  • I love shear genius and workout!
    And, have you seen the episode of little people big world when they go on the cruise and leave the kids at home? It really shows you what a frickin mess their house is.

    By Blogger georgiagirl, At 5/10/07, 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home