Bean's World

Friday, April 13, 2007

One Soggy Bean

Spring in Boston officially sucks. I know, I know... I've been complaining about the weather alot the past couple of weeks. I guess the weather makes a much bigger impact on you when you can't just get into a nice, warm, dry car when you have to go somewhere. I am at least glad that I've been able to get by without long underwear lately. Of course, now that it's a little warmer and it's stopped snowing, we're getting something that's just as annoying: cold rain! And today I had the pleasure of getting completely soaked on the way to work.

I knew it was raining before I went outside, but I figured I'd just put up the hood on my coat and try to walk fast. I probably would have brought my umbrella with me if it hadn't gotten completely turned inside out, shredded, and broken in the last wind/rain/snow/sleet/nasty crap falling out of the sky storm we had. Unfortunately, I haven't bought a new one yet.

As soon as I got into the lobby of my apartment building, I saw how hard it was raining outside and knew I was done for. But since I was short on time, I pretty much just decided to try and make a break for it. Yeah, it took about 30 seconds for the entire front portion of my scrub pants to become completely saturated. By the time I got under shelter about a block away, I could already feel the water dripping down my legs and into my socks... awesome.

Luckily scrub pants dry very quickly (for obvious reasons). By the time I got to work, I was probably about half dry. But after such a wet, pants-sticking-to-my-legs ride on the subway, I think if I had met the person who installed the hand dryers in the bathroom at work, I would have kissed his/her feet. Whoever that person is, totally saved my soggy ass.

2 Comments:

  • LOL With you on this again!!! Except I went overkill yesterday... golf umbrella, jeans tucked into my galoshes, AND a rain jacket over my hooded sweatshirt. Thank god for the casual work dress code, though... can you imagine if we had to be in heels/suits everyday and commute via mass transit? YUCK.

    Hope the packing/planning is going well!

    By Blogger Oob, At 4/13/07, 8:09 AM  

  • Haha! Yeah, I would totally invest in some better rain gear if we were planning on staying up here long term. They have some of the cutest galoshes out this year!

    By Blogger Bean, At 4/15/07, 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home