Bean's World

Monday, April 09, 2007

Mental Health Day

OK, I admit it... I'm a little stressed. We have two weeks left here in Boston, and all of a sudden there is alot to do! We still don't have our apartment in Greensboro totally nailed down, but at least we are close. We have picked out the one we want, and now it is just a matter of working out our little deal with the manager for our furniture package and then doing the paperwork. Besides that, all we have to do is reserve our rental van, pack up all our stuff, clean.... and, oh yeah, see all the stuff in Boston that we have been wanting to see, and thought we would have plenty of time to see before we left. However, we are incredibly good at being lazy when we have time off, and haven't really been out and about doing all the touristy stuff we wanted to do. Instead, we've just been doing the basic things that you do once you get settled into a place: grocery shopping, going to work, eating out, and bar hopping with friends.

I have been trying very hard to stay relaxed about moving again, but I can tell I am starting to stress because I've been very tired and grumpy lately. Plus, my work schedule has been a little weird this past week with a 2 days on 2 days off type of schedule, which makes for a very erratic sleep pattern. I was supposed to work Saturday and Sunday this weekend, but I decided to call in sick on Sunday. Besides the fact that I didn't feel like working on a holiday, I usually call in at least one day per contract, citing a "mental health day" as my reason. I know, it's sad. I only work three days a week, and I still end up calling in sometimes. Oh well, sometimes you just need a day.

Today we sat down to try and plan out the next two weeks, so that we can do all of the fun stuff we want to do before we leave, in addition to making sure we are being responsible adults and getting all of our moving and work involved obligations complete as well. Of course, having a list of items to complete and a plan of attack is the only way I can ever seem to get anything done, but now the list is so overwhelming, all I want to do is keep procrastinating because I'm not even sure where to start anymore.

And speaking of procrastinating, I think I'll start on the list tomorrow.

I have a good reason though: Today is mine and Dave's three year anniversary of when we started dating. I can hardly believe we are already at the three year mark! So right now I am about to get ready so that we can go out for a nice dinner at Legal Sea Foods. I am sooo looking forward to the wine and relaxation of tonight. And hopefully, tomorrow morning I will wake up motivated and ready to get some stuff done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home