Bean's World

Monday, March 26, 2007

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

As soon as I published my blog yesterday, Dave looks over at me and says, "Hey do you want to go for a walk?" The funny thing was that he hadn't even read my blog yet. I was so happy he finally wanted to go outside I almost humped him, but then I decided against it for fear of overstimulating him and inducing one of his violent coughing spells. And really, I've just had enough of the whole coughing thing. (I know, I know, I am a mean, old, crotchety nurse.)

So we went for a walk by the river and the park, a route that I surely will miss when we leave here. The sun finally came out a little bit and was sparkling on the river as a group of rowers were out there practicing. It was picturesque to say the least.

We then made our way towards Charles St, where there is a cute strip of restaurants and shops. We crossed the footbridge over Storrow Drive, which is one of my favorite streets, since it runs right along the river.
Here is a picture of Storrow Drive. The river is just on the other side of those trees on the left.(And I would just like to point your attention to the street sign at the bottom right hand corner of the picture. If you can't read it, it says, "Beaver Pl. Pvt. Way." Those dirty, dirty Bostonians.)

After crossing Storrow, we stopped to have dinner at my favorite little cafe on Charles St. I got some carrot cake to save for a bedtime snack, and we were on our way.

I was feeling much more relaxed until we got home and everything felt so dirty and germy again. Thus started the cleaning binge of 2007. The bathroom was cleaned, the kitchen was cleaned, all handles of all cabinets, all the doorknobs, and all the faucet handles in the apartment were disinfected, all towels, sheets, blankets, the duvet cover, and the shams were washed, and the apartment was thoroughly vacuumed. Then and only then could I relax, shower, have a glass of wine, and eat my cake. And it was damn good cake.

Now I am sitting here in my nice, clean apartment, relaxing and waiting for someone to hurry up and wake up. I did an "Ln" this morning, as I woke up at 7:30 and have already been to the grocery store to buy breakfast food while waiting for sick boy to wake up. He's been snoozing for almost two hours now. I swear that boy can snooze longer than anyone I've ever met, even me! But I figure I'll cut him some slack because he's been sleeping horribly all week because of snot and coughing so much.

(He only gets a little slack though.)

Why I'm so perky this morning is beyond me, but I'm not going to complain. All I know is the forecast today is for a high of 50, and that's better than 45!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home