Bean's World

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Other Side of the Coin

After reading Oob's last post, I took a look at some of my recent posts and realized that I might need to change my blog title to the Debbie Downer House Blog. It's true, the past two months have been tough: overwhelming, stressful, and exhausting. Usually I think of myself as an optimistic, upbeat person, who tries to make the best of a bad situation. But somehow, the past two months have turned me into a whiny, grumpy pessimist with an eternal gray cloud over my head. I'm starting to realize that having a crappy attitude toward life is neither making the situation any better, nor making me feel any better. In fact, it's making things worse. And the reality of our situation is that it could be worse. It could be a lot worse, and we have a lot to be thankful for.

So today is the start of a new week (Ok, actually yesterday was, but close enough). And today I'm going to start thinking more positively. Because really, it's just not that bad. So here are some things that I'm looking forward to:
  • Today I'm going to paint the guest bathroom, and I think it's going to be kind of fun. I am excited to see what the finished product will look like when it is all fixed up.
  • My close group of friends from nursing school is getting together this weekend, and I'm starting to get really excited. We always have the best time when we get together, and I don't doubt that will be the case this time around. Plus, we are going to Lake Hartwell on Saturday, and it will be so nice to just lay around in the sun for a bit!
  • Two weekends from now, we are heading to Athens for a gig that my Favie is playing with Grogus on Friday night at Farm 255. I am so looking forward to hanging out downtown and listening to some great music!
  • Ready or not, three weekends from now we are going to have a housewarming party to celebrate all of the hard work we have been doing around here! It will be so nice to finally relax with friends and family in our very own home.

And here is a happy kitteh for the week. (Also doubles as a picture of what I looked like last night after sharing 4 bottles of wine with my parents and my Favie):

cat
more cat pictures

1 Comments:

  • Don't beat yourself up too much... it happens. Have FUN with the housewarming and hanging with your girls. And I'll see you at the reunion! :)

    By Blogger Oob, At 5/23/08, 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home