Bean's World

Monday, September 22, 2008

Why I Hate Mondays

This was one of those mornings when I laid in bed with the alarm going off for an hour. I knew it was Monday morning, which meant the beginning of yet another week where I can only assume I'll be hanging out by myself every day, being bored and trying to force myself to do "house stuff," while everyone else in the world is being a responsible and productive member of society. If there is one thing this unemployment saga has taught me, it is that I would never make it as a housewife. It's just not for me.

My current prospective employer is still moving at the rate of molasses on a 15 degree day in Vermont. The second interview/meeting was supposed to be set up within 5 business days (by last Friday). However, on Friday when I checked in with the nurse recruiter, after not hearing a single peep out of them all week, he said they were still waiting to get the schedule from the nurse manager. Schedule, schmedule, just let me work for crying out loud!!

The other bad thing about Mondays is that our weekends always seem to be full of fun and excitement, and then Monday comes and it is the ultimate low compared to the previous days. Friday night we had a great time in the downtown Roswell area, which we actually hadn't ever checked out before. We had a delicious dinner at Ceviche, where we enjoyed authentic Mexican tacos and margaritas. And then we went across the street to a new bar/ restaurant that just opened, called Red Salt. I enjoyed the publike atmosphere there, and they had a decent wine selection with a fairly diverse (but short) beer list. And although we didn't stay quite that late, they stay open until 2 am (impressive for a suburban bar)! I could definitely see us making friends with the bartender there.

After leaving the bar around 1 am, we headed home, where I promptly got ready to pass out. However, somebody actually dragged me back out of bed to play a game of Scrabble until 4:30am. (Usually it's the other way around!) And here's what drunk Scrabble looks like:


Saturday we waged war with the yard, and made some major progress! I trimmed the hedges, picked up 8 million more pine cones, and pulled up a bunch of weeds. My better half was the hero of the day, and successfully sawed up the tree that had fallen down in our yard shortly after we bought the place back in the spring. Thankfully, no (human) limbs were lost in the process. Here's the proud stack of wood:


Sunday we went to the Roswell Arts Festival, where we browsed through a large assortment of different booths of paintings, photographs, pottery, jewelry, and a handful of other different crafts. It was a beautiful day to be outside, and we discovered some really talented artists! (We were most impressed by Robert Griffis Rodenberger, Bill Turner, and Doug and Leah Cavanah.)

After the festival, we headed to Canton, GA, to visit DD's rents and to eat a delicious, home cooked meal. It was so nice to sit on their back porch with a glass of wine, watching all of their cute birds around the bird feeders and enjoying their nicely landscaped backyard. Hopefully one day our backyard will be that nice too...

Anyway, I'm really glad that we had a fun weekend... I just hate that it's over now. I suppose it's time to do some laundry or vacuum or some other mundane chore. I'm trying very hard to stay positive right now, but there is just a lot to be frustrated about.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home