Bean's World

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy

I can finally breathe a huge sigh of relief now that my better half has been returned home safely to me! He rolled up last night around 10pm, just in time to catch me frantically trying to finish cleaning our house in preparation for his return... doh! At that point there was not much use in trying to pretend that I had kept the house sparkling clean all summer while he was gone, so we just had a good laugh and a great big hug instead.

Soon after his arrival, we headed over to a small reunion of friends, and to catch the last few minutes of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. (Thanks to the DVR, we rewinded and watched all the shows at the beginning of the ceremony too.) Only one word can describe such an amazing collection of performances: WOW! OK China, you win the prize!

After we returned home, it was just like old times... We stayed up way too late, talking, laughing, listening to music, and drinking way more alcohol than was necessary. It is so incredibly wonderful to have him back home again. The phone wasn't ringing every second, and I got to have his undivided attention once again (a luxury I had sorely missed over the summer).

I am so incredibly grateful that he is back home safe and sound, back where he belongs. I still love him just as much as I did when we first fell in love four years ago, and then some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home