Bean's World

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to Reality

Holy crap, I just laughed for like five minutes straight after reading this. It could only happen to him.

Annnyway, I am back from the beach after spending some wonderful R and R time with my main squeeze. It rained quite a bit, but we did get at least one full sunny day of beach time. It was at least enough to give my pale ass some color, so that was good enough for me. The week in a nutshell: we slept in every day, we drank many delicious cocktails, we ate some delectable seafood, we watched the Olympics every night, we laughed at the cute lizards that hop around all over the place, we snuggled, we went to the Kennedy Space Center and ogled the geeky space stuff, we visited the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge, where we saw a whole bunch of birds we didn't know the names of, 2 baby alligators, several turtles, 1 raccoon, and absolutely not one single manatee (although we tried), we got eaten alive by mosquitoes, and we just had some good old-fashioned fun. It was just what we both needed.

My birthday was spent driving home from the beach, and that was just fine with me. We had been partying the whole week anyway. Plus, turning 28 is somehow just not all that exciting. Meh.

Now that the vacay is over, it's back to reality: working on the house, paying bills, and finding a job that does not include taking care of 350 pound people that are comatose. I talked to one of the Emory nurse recruiters this morning, and he seemed confident that I should be getting called for an interview within the next day or two. Here's hoping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home