Bean's World

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Better Late Than Never

I have been meaning to post about the weekend... However, now that it's Wednesday morning, and I have nothing better to do at work, I must not procrastinate any longer.

So we flew to Atlanta on Friday afternoon after I had worked Wednesday and Thursday nights. Our flight was delayed due to cold, rainy, slushy weather yet again, but we made it into town around 8pm. We then high-tailed it over to the Ten High for a fabulous Modern Skirts show. I was tired after getting limited sleep on Friday, but I'm really glad I went because three of my best buds came to the show too. It was great to catch up with them again. Plus, I loved hearing about how surprised the Skirt Boys were that my Favie showed up to play with them.

Friday was followed with a trip to good, old Athens, GA on Saturday afternoon. It's been five months since I've been there, so I was super happy to make the trip. I enjoyed another Modern Skirts show at the 40 Watt, and had even more time to catch up with my Skirts Crowd, including the other girls that "f**k the band." The 40 Watt show was even better than the Ten High show, and I think I was quoted as saying to John, in a drunken stupor, "That show was even better than Coldplay!"

Sunday we made it back to Marietta, where we went out for some decent Mexican food finally. (Mexicans don't live up here 'cause it's too damn cold.) The highlight of the evening was definitely watching Ln go from zero to wasted in around an hour, thanks to her 32 oz margarita.

Monday we flew back to the coldest place on Earth (it was 10 degrees yesterday when I went to work), but still managed to make it out of the apartment to grab some dinner and a couple of glasses of wine. I then proceeded to pass out at 2AM (early for me).

I guess I was more tired than I thought, because I pretty much slept until 4PM yesterday, when I finally crawled out of bed to go to work. And that brings us around to this morning. Now I must wake my poor patients up from their lovely sleepy time since it is 6AM, and it's time to give more meds.

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home