Bean's World

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Just for the Record

Yesterday morning I received the dreaded 7:10 am phone call from work. A phone call that early in the morning can never be a good thing, especially when it is from work. I reluctantly dragged myself from the warm snuggliness of my bed and called them back. Apparently I got my schedule mixed up, and was supposed to be working Wednesday, not Thursday. And yes, they still needed me, because they were already short. Darn. An hour and a half and approximately 2.5 cups of coffee later, I was immersed in patient care, trying to catch up on what I had already missed of the day.

Of course, my coworkers were curious to know what had happened to make me an hour and a half late for work, so throughout the day, several people asked about my morning. I then explained to each concerned person that I was merely a doofus, and had gotten my schedule mixed up. After we would chuckle about it for a minute, each conversation took the same route. The other person would then reply, "Well we knew we needed to call you, because you are never late for work."

See, I have witnesses. I am not always late!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home