Bean's World

Monday, December 22, 2008

Haaaalp!

Christmas is upon us. And as usual, I have found myself running around like crazy trying to get things done at the last minute. I guess some things never change. Usually I'm not quite this bad about getting the shopping done. However, this year, the past month has just exploded into our lives and I'm having much trouble keeping up.

I have decided to add the items of crash helmet, suit of armor, and Hummer to my Christmas list. Apparently my car has an invisible target painted on it, because after I got into that wreck on the 10th, eight days later I got rear-ended on the same damn road (but slightly further along my route home). Some idiotic 19-year-old who wasn't paying attention bumped me in stop-and-go traffic. No injuries or major car damage besides a few scratches were incurred, and I thought about letting her get away without calling the police. But then she pulled out the "Is this going to take long, because I have to be somewhere" card. And then to top it off, she handed me the car registration instead of her insurance card, when I was trying to get her information. When I told her that was not the information I needed, she pulled out "well my car is under my mom's name and I don't know what to do cause I'm too young and stupid" card. I simply said "Well if you don't have an insurance card, then I'm going to have to file a police report," and that was that. Soooorry--you picked the wrong person to rear-end that day. And I had somewhere to be too.....biyatch! Why don't you call your mommy or daddy so they can pay this ticket for you too (in addition to your car payment, car insurance, cell phone, etc, etc, etc)!!

I guess I'm still a little annoyed.

And then after all that rain last week, one of our gutters fell off the house. Yeah, one of the brand new gutters that we just had installed when we bought our place last spring.

After all the dust settled this past weekend, we did make some major progress on the Christmas shopping on Sunday, when we had an 8 hour shop-a-thon. It was very stressful, but I guess the more we get done, the less stress and the more Christmas cheer there will be. It will all be over soon. I'm just glad that we don't have any major traveling to do this year (like we always have in the past).

Do I need to say that I'm ready for this year to start over?


Epilogue:
End on a bright note, end on a bright note, I say to myself. OK, Okay.

Things that make it all better: cozy fire, glowy Christmas tree (our first real tree in our first house), snuggly kitty, fuzzy socks, a couple of glasses of wine, people that love me and that I love back, a snuggly bed that I'm about to collapse into. I have all of these things, and there are a lot of people who don't. So thankyou for what I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home