Bean's World

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cool Stuff About My New Job

As of this past Monday, I finally rejoined the working members of society. I have never been so excited to go to work in my life! (Having two and a half months off work will do that to a person.) So far, I've spent the majority of the week sitting in a conference room learning about how to give good customer service, infection control, where the MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheets.... thanks OSHA!) binders are, fire safety, risk management, HIPAA, compliance, and all of the other mandated subjects all good employees of a healthcare organization must learn about. Even though this part of the orientation process is painfully boring, anything is better than whatever the heck I've been doing at home over the past couple of months.

Tomorrow is my first official day at the clinic, and I'm really looking forward to finally getting to the hands-on part of the training. I know it will take a while to get acclimated to this new position, which will be so radically different from my previous job experience, but I'm sure I will get it all figured out in no time. What I do know, is that there is an awful lot of cool stuff to look forward to in my job.....such as:
  • the super cute new scrubs I bought last week
  • the awesome new stethoscope I also bought last week
  • M-F, 8:30am-5pm, no weekends, no nights, no holidays!
  • 25 minute commute (I'm thinking that's pretty good for the ATL)
  • the opportunity to have a little flexibility in the work flow and how I will organize my day (AKA, no patients crashing at shift change in the ICU)
  • no more wiping asses
  • working with a staff of young, fun people (including the MD's) that don't hate their jobs
  • working with a fairly new practice that seems to be growing quickly
  • working with an institution who will give me a significant tuition reimbursement when I go back to school
  • working with a healthcare organization that is constantly trying to improve patient outcomes and doing research in order to figure out better ways to take care of the seriously ill (as opposed to those who just like to do the same old thing because "that's the way we've always done it")
  • working with doctors who will be willing to take the time to teach me so that I can further expand my clinical knowledge in order to provide better patient care
  • I get my very own pager (of course, this one might bite me in the ass, but it sure sounds cool)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home