Bean's World

Friday, October 03, 2008

Tell Me Something Good

So we took off this morning to head to Tybee Island for the wedding of some very close friends of ours. It has been something that I have really been looking forward to for awhile for a multitude of reasons. I hadn't heard a yay or nay on the job yet and had already put it out of my mind, deciding not to worry about it and just have a good time this weekend.

Just as we were arriving in Tybee, I got a call from the nurse recruiter. Unfortunately, it stopped ringing before I was able to answer it. Thus spawned the worrying for the next thirty minutes. There was no message left, and I just didn't know what to think. Was it a mistake? Was he going to offer me a job and then he changed his mind? Did he have a question about one of my references? And blah, blah, blah, worry, worry, worry.

Suddenly my phone made the funny noise that signified that I had a voice mail. He wanted me to call him back. I took a deep breath, trying to ignore the rock in the pit of my stomach, and made the call.

And what do ya know, Hallelulah, they came through with the job offer!!! I'm still somewhat in shock that I'm finally going to be employed again. As soon as I got off the phone, I jumped around like crazy and then fell on the floor, not sure whether to laugh, cry, or just take it all in.

What I do know is, right now, I'm sitting in a hotel room looking at the beach and listenening to the waves, and that this is going to be a fucking good weekend.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home