Bean's World

Thursday, October 09, 2008

What I Hate Most in the World is that Bad Things Happen to Good People

Our flick of the week this week was P.S. I Love You. Although it was originally advertised as a romantic comedy, it certainly does not have the boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy hurts girl's feelings, boy chases girl down to get her back, and then they live happily ever after sort of storyline that most movies of that genre follow. There are romantic parts, there are funny parts, and there are sad parts. Most of all, the whole idea behind the movie was quite thought provoking.

What would you do if you lost the love of your life, your husband, at age 30?

It is something that I have thought about a lot. It turns out that working in the ICU, where people lose their husbands, wives, daughters, sons, sisters, brothers, grandmothers, and grandfathers, makes you think a lot of morbid thoughts.

Of course, my immediate thought is, well, I would just give myself a high dose of IV potassium chloride, and get it over with. That would be that. But I wonder if I would really have the guts to take my own life. Would I really be able to go through with something like that?

Well....no, probably not. And besides, that would be the easy way out. But I do know that the loss of the one person who knows and understands me better than anyone else in the world would cause more unimagineable pain than I have ever felt in my life. And when we are apart, every now and then I think to myself, "Keep him safe, just please make sure he gets home safe to me." Just in case someone up there really is listening.

So what would happen? What would I do? How would I go on living? I just wouldn't know unless it happened. So please, if you are listening, just don't let that happen. It is what I fear more than anything else in the world.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I thought it was a very enjoyable movie, although it turned out to be an unexpected tearjerker. You should watch it, but make sure you have a box of tissues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home