Bean's World

Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009: So Far So Good

And once again I have managed to survive the usual Christmas mayhem that ensues around this time every year.... it was getting a little dicey there for a minute! I got to visit with all of my immediate family members in one way or another-- as always, it was very busy, but very nice to spend time with everyone. And the best part was, I was very generously given gift certificates for two massages this year-- I can't wait to cash those in!

I have not had much time yet to reflect on what I did or didn't accomplish last year, but I realize that I've lately had a rather pessimistic attitude toward life. It is my goal to leave that behind in 2008. That is one of the greatest things about starting a new year-- the prospect of being able to start over again, the opportunity of a fresh, new beginning.

I don't have any specific resolutions at this point in time, but there are several goals in my mind that I would like to start working towards. One thing I know I need to focus on is to not let my long-term goals get lost and pushed away by doing the small chores that I must do day in and day out. Somehow I need to regain my focus and make a reasonable plan on what I would like to accomplish this year. Otherwise, it will just never get done. So perhaps my resolution should be to make some resolutions?

I guess my brain is still a bit mushy from the cheer of last evening. All I know is, I rang in the new year by spending time with the best group of a friends a girl could ever ask for. And for that, I am happy and grateful. So far, this year has gotten off to a great start :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home