Bean's World

Monday, June 23, 2008

Bits and Pieces

It's our last day here in Red Lodge, MT, and everyone is pooped from almost nonstop sightseeing, eating so much food you would think we were on a cruise, and drinking delicious local beer after beer. We are having a lazy afternoon today, and I thought I would take a quick minute to write a few bullets about the happenings over the past couple of weeks....
  • Our housewarming party turned out wonderfully! Thank you so much to everyone who was able to make it. Having everyone over for the evening really made our house transition into what now feels like a real home. Of course there is still plenty more to do, but at least I feel like we can have people over now without having to apologize. If you didn't make it, you were missed... But don't worry, there will be more parties and get togethers ahead!
  • The Official Unofficial Event was a fantastic party, as always! I got to catch up with so many friends that I had not seen in a while, and in the usual fashion, drank myself silly. My favorite part of the night, was when we all got buzzed enough to dance until the wee hours of the morning. Some of the best times of my life have been dancing with my friends late into the night.... It has always been the best way for me to feel free of stress, worry, anger, and sadness. When I am dancing, it makes me so happy, nothing else really matters, and that was a much needed feeling.
  • I have been having a fabulous time in Montana this past week! It's been really fun getting to see my sister, her incredible artwork, and the awesome place she has been living in since last August. It's also just been a nice break away from the house, work, and life in general. Unfortunately, tomorrow we head back to Atlanta, so as I write this, I am also gazing out the window, trying to embed in my memory every last detail of the amazing landscape surrounding us.
Pictures and stories to follow in the coming days.....

And here's another morsel of beauty for your viewing pleasure.

Sunset over Yellowstone Lake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home